Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Divagating in a Winter Wonderland

A radical muslim cleric missed a court date because his toe nails were too long. His defense lawyer said, "He is unable to walk. He has been perambulating barefoot around the prison."

If you're going to use the word "perambulate," at least use it correctly. The sentence should read "He is unable to walk. He has been perambulating the prison barefoot." Perambulate means walking around or about, so the preposition (around) is unnecessary. Also, the "barefoot" should go at the end of the sentence. And if you think I'm being snotty, the defense lawyer used the word "perambulate." Also it took me five minutes to remember the word preposition. And even then I had to use Google to help me out. And yes, I am being snotty.

You'd think the prison could cut his toe nails though. I mean, the guy's missing an eye and both hands. I think he could use a little assistance. Also, apparently this guy is a nightclub security guard turned radical muslim cleric. That's a bit of a career change. I think, when he gets out of jail, he should buy a flower shop.

And finally. While trying to figure out the word "preposition" on Google, I found this. This site is very useful if you ever need to know how to clean your M240B Machine Gun. Though not that helpful if you're looking up basic grammar rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home